- Unsolicited commercial email, or SPAM, is prohibited. We will consider your email to be unsolicited, or SPAM, if it results in a number of complaints to us, disrupts our network, or subjects us to unfavorable action by other Internet providers. Please review the “CAN-SPAM Act” and ensure that any commercial email you send complies with it. Email that is “CAN-SPAM compliant” may sill otherwise be prohibited by our AUP. If you believe one of our customers is engaged in spamming, please send an email containing all headers and your contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Certain content is prohibited. You are responsible for any content transmitted or accessed using our network. Transmission, storage, or presentation of any information, data, or material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. You must not use our network to directly facilitate the violation of any particular law or regulation or this AUP. The activities listed below are meant to provide you with examples of activities and content that are strictly prohibited by this AUP. Use of our network to host content related to or to engage in the following activities is strictly prohibited:
- IRC scripts/bots, IRCD (IRC servers), AutoSurf/PTC/PTS/PPC sites;
iii. IP scanners, Bruteforce Programs/Scripts/Applications;
- Mail Bombers/Spam Scripts;
- File Dump/Mirror Scripts (similar to rapidshare);
- Anonymous or Bulk SMS Gateways;
vii. Websites or links to websites advocating human violence and hate crimes;
viii. Websites promoting illegal activities or linking to other websites that promote illegal activities;
- Selling, or otherwise disseminating, pornography or other erotic material, regardless of its literary merit;
- Hosting adult thumbnail galleries/banner exchanges;
- Lottery/gambling or chain letters, regardless of content, and regardless of your citizenship;
xii. Advertising, advocating, or operating High-Yield Interest Programs (HYIP), Ponzi or Pyramid schemes, prime bank programs, Bank Debentures/Bank Debenture Trading Programs, or Related Sites;
xiii. Fraudulent sites (including sites listed at aa419.org and escrow-fraud.com);
xiv. Broadcasting or streaming of live sporting events (UFC, NASCAR, FIFA, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, WWE, etc.) or television;
- Cryptocurrency/bitcoin miners;
xvi. Impersonating another user or otherwise falsifying one’s username in email, Usenet postings, on Internet Relay Chat (IRC), or with any other Internet service;
xvii. Dox or posting personally identifiable information such as addresses and phone numbers of individuals with the hope of causing damage or harm to that person. This does not cover Government officials when providing contact email addresses or the representatives work phone;
xix. Content that promotes or advocates human trafficking in any way, shape, or form as determined by ServerCloud’ sole discretion or sites that promote prostitution or escort services;
- Creating, posting, or sending Warez, Roms, CD-Keys, cracks, passwords, serial numbers, Internet viruses, worms, or Trojan horses; engaging in denial of service attacks; or hosting content that is intended to assist others in defeating technical copyright protections;
xxi. Posting links to prohibited items, facilitating a violation of our Policies, or instructing others in illegal or prohibited activities; and
xxii. Setting up or using (via the Service) proxies, proxy scripts/anonymizers of any kind.
If you believe that another customer is using our network in violation of these Policies, please contact us.
- Defamation. Websites hosted on ServerCloud servers are regulated by U.S. law. Under section 230(c) of the Communications Decency Act of 1996, ServerCloud’ policy is not to remove allegedly defamatory material from websites hosted on our servers unless the material has been found to be defamatory by a federal or state court, as evidenced by a court order. As a hosting service provider, ServerCloud is not a publisher of user content, and we are not in a position to investigate the veracity of individual defamation claims. We rely on the legal system to provide guidance and to determine whether or not material is indeed defamatory. If a federal or state court deems material to be defamatory, libelous, or slanderous in nature, we will fully comply and disable access to the material in question in accordance with a court order. Similarly, if a federal or state court enjoins specified content or material being made available, we will comply and remove or disable access to the material in question, per a court order.
- Network Stability. Our network is designed to meet the anticipated needs of our customers, users, and our needs. If we determine that your use of the Services is in breach of our Policies or impairs the stability of our equipment, technology, or network, we may suspend your use of the network, throttle back the bandwidth available for your use, or terminate our agreement with you, in our sole discretion.
- Child Pornography. ServerCloud takes a strong zero tolerance stance on child pornography, content perceived to be child pornography, or child exploitative content. Any website found to host child pornography or link to child pornography or exploitative content will be suspended immediately without notice or warning.